An overview of all the Friends of SteamFriends. This can be in the form of sponsering, partnership, part of team, etc.
|Name ||Steam from the Valve Corporation |
|Website: ||www.steampowered.com |
|Information: || |
- Fast access to games:
full Steam library and all future Steam releases are at your
fingertips. After you’ve purchased a game, download it immediately and
- Automatic game updates:Hunting for patches and downloading from unorganized web sites is so
twentieth-century. On Steam, your games stay up-to-date by themselves.
- Instant-messaging that works in-game:With Steam’s “Friends” service, you can talk to your friends while you
play. You can also see when they’re playing games and easily join the
same servers together.
- Easy browsing of multiplayer game servers:
Steam’s integrated server browser makes it easy to navigate thousands of Internet game servers.
- Steam-only special offers:
From pre-release discounts to free-play weekends, Steam delivers what gamers value most.
- Play your games on any PC:Once you have a Steam account, you can sign in from any PC and access
your games. Your games are associated with your account, not your
|Connection: ||A close partnership and open communication with the Valve team makes them very important for our project as it’s all based on their Steam platform. |
|Name ||SourceBans |
|Website: ||www.sourcebans.net |
|Information: || |
When running SourceBans web interface and SourceMod
plugin together, you will be able to instantly ban people from all of
the servers you have added into the system. Once you either ban a
player from the server, or though the web interface, the specified
player will instantly be banned accross all of your communities`
servers. You will no longer need to add the STEAM Id’s of users to all
of your servers` config files, and keep the configs synced and updated
after each ban.
With SourceBans, its as simple as `sm_ban` in the server console, and
that player will be instantly banned from all of your servers.
Admin Management System
As-well as having a
kick a** ban system for all of your servers, SourceBans allows you to
manage all of your SourceMod admins though a simple and easy to
understand web panel. For example, you can create a new admin group
which will only be able to kick and ban. After this, you can add a new
admin, type the required information and add that admin to that new
group, and that admin will automatically inherit all of the privalages
from that group. And starting next map, the admin will have the
specified level of admin in the server, or group of servers that you
Admins can be set on individual servers, or if you want, you can create
a group of servers. And when adding an admin, you will have the option
to give that admin the privaleges on that group of servers. So adding
admins is easy and fast.
- Admin system for Sourcemod through the web
- Admin rights system, set permissions per admin per server
- Global banning system for your own servers, Web-Based banning
- Ban by STEAMID
- Kickban players directly on your servers directly from the web
- Search ban database
- Supports ALL Source modifications
- Supports an unlimited amount of servers
- Integration with Steambans for checking Steam ID’s
|Connection: ||One of the first big SourceMod projects created by SteamFriends developers. |
|Name ||SteamBans |
|Website: ||www.steambans.com |
|Information: ||SteamBans.com is a service plugin that catch cheaters through watching |
demo’s that have been send in by admins from all over the globe. The
cheater will then be banned on every server that is part of the
SteamBans network. Through this way they try to keep up a clean and
joyfull experience for everyone.
|Connection: ||Full co-operation and ownership aswell as sponsoring of Steambans make it our nr.1 anti-cheat community that connects with our Steam community. |
|Name ||SourceMod |
|Website: ||www.sourcemod.net |
|Information: ||SourceMod is a Half-Life 2 modification which focuses on server |
modification, server administration, and plugin writing. Plugins are
scripted in the SourcePawn language, and they allow you to script
actions on your server and access the Half-Life 2 (Source) engine with
ease.SourceMod is highly optimized and ideal for getting the most
performance out of your Source servers, without the complexity of
writing C++ code.Scripting Features (Developers)
- Administration – Comprehensive API for developing administration systems.
- Clients – Working with in-game client information and callbacks.
- Commands – Creation, hooking, and overridding of client and server console commands.
- ConVars – Creation, hooking, and retrieval of console variables.
- Engine – Access to many Half-Life 2 engine features, with more constantly being added.
- Entities – Changing and retrieving entity properties, both named and numbered.
- Events – Creating, firing, and hooking of Half-Life 2 GameEvents.
- Files – Access to the filesystem.
- IPC – Advanced inter-plugin communication, similar to AMX Mod X.
- Messages – Sending and hooking UserMessages.
- Parsing – Advanced, highly optimized text parsing.
- Timers – Creation of timed events.
- Translation – Multi-Lingual phrase file lookup.
What makes SourceMod different? (Developers)
- Speed – SourceMod is lightning fast,
and this is not an idle boast. Every plugin is loaded into memory and
converted to raw CPU code, hand optimized to assembly. Unlike other
scripting solutions for Source, this means plugins are actually native, rather than processed manually. The speed difference is incomparable.
– Okay, this is the same as speed. But we had to list it twice.
Optimization is one of the key parts of SourceMod development. Every
sub-system is designed to be as fast as possible. This is easily
visible after reading our Developer Blog.
– The majority of work in SourceMod occurs in developing perfect API.
When adding any interface or function, we ask the following questions:
- Does it represent an optimized solution?
- Would anyone use it?
- How confusing is it?
- Does its structure match the most probable common usage?
- Will it be possible to extend it in the future?
- Does its name represent what it does?
- Does its name conform to other similar functions?
– SourceMod is completely extensible. Rather than piggyback on
something inefficient and utterly improper design-wise, like console
commands, SourceMod provides a complete C++ API for extending both
SourceMod and the Plugin event/native API. You can also write C++
|Connection: ||By sponsoring the SourceMod project since the beginning of 2005, we try to make sure the team can focus on development. |
|Name ||HLStatsX |
|Website: ||www.HLStatsX.com |
|Information: ||HLStatsX is a ranking system for the Souce Engine which currently supports CS:S, DoD:S, HL2:CTF, CS and DoD. A premium version is also available which gives you the possibility to get access to more features and everything is hosted on their servers. |
|Connection: ||We helped HLstatsX (Tobi) with their medals, images and ribbons system and therefor value them as a strong statistics partner for Steam games. |
|Name ||GameSurge |
|Website: ||www.gamesurge.net |
|Information: ||GameSurge is a gaming community build around an IRC network. It is |
built with the collective experience of members of the gaming community
and irc community. GameSurge is a Non-Profit organization which is well
structured for growth with the intent on providing quality services for
the gaming community and industry.
|Connection: ||As one of the biggest online Internet Relay Chat networks, with a main focus on Gaming and Half-Life we have partnered with Gamesurge to make sure we are online 24/7 to service our members and admins. |