Pillars of incandescent fire boiled to the heavens in every direction, burning bright and dark, like the clasped fingers of God trying to enclose the world. In 2024 the proud nations of man wiped each other out in the Nuclear Dawn. Millions were incinerated instantly and hundreds of millions died within the following days.
With the human race on the brink of extinction and the whole world teetering on the edge of annihilation, we did the only thing that made sense. We kept fighting.
Old enemies of the East and West continue the war in a brutal series of skirmishes throughout the dead cities of a bygone era. The Consortium of Free States unites the survivors of the Western powers beneath a military dictatorship and relies on its Asymmetrical Warfare Division to plunder the lost artifacts of mankind’s golden age. The People’s Empire wields its elite Red Sword to check the advances of the Consortium and strike deep into the dark heart of the wastelands. Resources, relics, and hidden treasures draw both factions into an endless cycle of battle and you are on the frontlines.
Nuclear Dawn is a multiplayer modification for Valve’s Source engine that combines visceral and violent First Person Shooter action with fast-paced Real Time Strategy in the aftermath of an apocalyptic war. You can choose the mission or lead the attack as a commander, marshalling resources and deploying weapons and equipment for your team to use. You can storm a building as an assault trooper, cling to the shadows and rely on your active camouflage as a stealth, or unleash terrible firepower from a powered suit of exo-armor. You have the responsibility and the power to decide the outcome of every engagement. If your opponents are lucky there will be enough of them left to bury.
On The Field
- Three distinct classes to choose from with interdependant strengths and weaknesses that promote cooperative teamwork, collaborative tactics and intelligent strategy.
- A wide arsenal of weapons to deploy on the battlefield including rifles, shotguns, miniguns, explosives, and much more.
- Original environments rich with detail and perfect for a nice and bloody battle. Take the streets of a desolate Japanese city, infiltrate a Russian nuclear installation, or fight for the treasures of one of several other post-apocalyptic locales.
As a Commander
- Objective-based game play emphasizes coordinated tactics.
- The environment and physics shape your strategy. Create chokepoints, defensive positions, and blast your way through the enemy positions.
- Expand your territory with a variety of well-placed structures to aid your team in its conquest. From support structures to turrets that will pound your enemies into submission.
- Unlock new technologies to turn the tide in your favour.
- Secure resource points to deploy weapons and equipment to aid your team.
Nuclear Dawn brings intense team-based game play with all original content to the Half Life 2 community. We are committed to making a game that everyone will want to play and if you have any suggestions or comments we take them all seriously.