nVidia has released some brand new GeForce drivers, now version 182.08 for both Windows XP and Vista (32 and 64bit) that will improve overall gaming performance for the GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, and 200-series. The most noticeable and interesting thing in this new driver is that it increases performance for Half-Life 2 based games (Source engine) by 9% with AA.
Next to the performance improvements it also adds support for the GeForce GTS 250 along with additional SLI profiles for some newly released games.
Down below the full changelog for people interested:
New in Release 182.08:
- Added support for GeForce GTS 250.
- Added SLI profile support for some newly released games.
- Additional information on specific bug fixes can be found in the release documentation notes.
- Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.
New in Release 182 Drivers:
- Recommended for the best experience in F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin.
- Boosts performance in several 3D applications. The following are examples of improvements measured with Release 182 WHQL drivers vs. Release 181.22 WHQL drivers (results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings):
- Up to 8% performance increase in Fallout 3 at high resolution and AA.
- Up to 10% performance increase in F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin.
- Up to 9% performance increase in Half-Life 2 at high resolution with AA.
- Up to 11% performance increase in Left 4 Dead at high resolution with AA.
- Up to 10% performance increase in Race Driver: GRID at high resolution and AA.
- Includes full support for OpenGL 3.0 on GeForce 8-series, 9-series, and 200-series GPUs.
- Automatically installs the new PhysX System Software version 9.09.0203.
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards.
- Supports NVIDIA SLI Multi-monitor support, giving you the ability to use two monitors with your GeForce graphics cards in SLI mode. Learn more here.
- Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on a dedicated GeForce graphics card. Use one card for graphics and dedicate a different card for PhysX processing for game-changing physical effects. Learn more here. Note: GPU PhysX is supported on all GeForce 8-series, 9-series and 200-series GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory.
- Supports GeForce Plus Power Pack #2. Download these free PhysX and CUDA applications now!
- Supports CUDA.
- Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.